Component field & auto-assign

Kat Max March 20, 2016

Hi,

I have created the component so that a specific person should get auto assigned once this component has been chosen by the requester when opening an issue.

However, the issue stays unassigned. Any idea why?

On top, i have tested this with the another person's account and the person doesn't see the component field (and cannot be added as the custom field).

Please advise,

Tnx

Kat

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2016

You've set the component lead on your component, and then set the project's assign rule to "component lead" in there too.

Does the user who is the component lead have the "assignable user" permission in the project?  As well as "browse project"?  (It sounds like they don't have either)

Kat Max March 20, 2016

Hi Nick,

I have checked the permissions in the project and the project lead does have "assignable user" permission. So that's not the problem.

Tnx

Kat

Kat Max March 20, 2016

Hi again,

I understood what the problem was.

I expected it to be assigned automatically to the automatic assignee, without choosing in the dropdown menu "Automatic".

Now that i selected it, it actually does getting assigned to the chosen person.

Tnx

Kat

Bre Phelps May 11, 2017

Hi Kat, 

I am having hte same issue. Where is the dropdown that you mentioned??

Thanks,

Bre

Seeja Jiju December 11, 2018

I am having the same issue. And don't find the dropdown to select "Automatic". 

Thanks,

Seeja

shaymandel April 2, 2019

The dropdown mentioned is the Assignee dropdown on the ticket. When opening it, you see the list of users, as well as the option Automatic. In my project the default is Automatic, but YMMV.

Isaac Trumbo May 22, 2019

Is there a way to have this happen without having to manually assign the ticket to Automatic?

Sanmat Jhanjhari September 13, 2020

The default value for Assignee field is Automatic. So, if Component/s assignment is set then the assignment will be automatic.

Suggest an answer