Component Lead Notifications

Kyle Erwin March 3, 2014

Hello, I have a question regarding notifications for component leads. I have this dilemma where I have multiple components and multiple component leads under one project. I have setup a custom notification scheme to allow component leads to receive emails from issue creation, issue status changed, issue commented on, etc. However, some of the component leads don't want all these notification emails cluttering their inbox, while others prefer it.

I was wondering if there is a way for some component leads receive notification emails on basic issue changes, while others receive more in depth notifications, using one notification scheme. I was thinking of using a groups (ie. Advanced Component Leads, Basic Component Leads) and assign them appropriatly within the notification scheme.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Kyle

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

This is a tricky one. I probably wouldn't go the group route as it would just create more administrative work for you. I would just limit the emails down to issue creation and then have all watchers notified on that other stuff. They would just have to get in the habit of watching issues. Either that or you could have people setup outlook rules so all JIRA emails get forwarded to one folder and their inbox isn't crammed full of JIRA updates.

There are pros and cons to both options, but in general notifications should probably always go to (Assignee, Reporter, Watchers). Dashboards would also be a great way to watch issues for a certain component. If they are in JIRA on a regular basis, then having a dashboard would be more than enough.

Kyle Erwin March 4, 2014

Thank you Luther!

-Kyle

0 votes
Oleksii Gnatkevych October 24, 2015

You can have a scripted custom field returning multiple users, and use it in the notification scheme for an event. The logic which users to display - in the script.

0 votes
Kyle Erwin March 4, 2014

Thank you Luther!

-Kyle

Suggest an answer