Complex reporting

nathan May 29, 2013

Hi,

My company has tasked me to generate some reports out of Jira. What i need is a report that tells me how many items were in a specific status each day. The issue that i have is that i need to know how many were changed to different status each day. So if for example something went to "Resolved" and there was an issue and it was set to "Re opened" and that happened a couple of times in a day i need to knowthat so that i can tell how "good" a developer is by how many times their bugs(or whatever) failed in testing.

I havent really seen anything in Jira that will allow that kind of complex querying. Is there some tool that would allow us to use full sql rather than just the where, order by etc parts?

hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

2 answers

0 votes
nathan May 30, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at the options listed. I was just wondering when using OnDemand if it is possible to connect to the database directly to run queries. I am suspecting not but thought it was worth asking.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

No, that's not possible with OnDemand (per the Restricted Functions), and I'm not sure why Ellen would have directed you towards those plugins as they are not available with OnDemand either. You might be able to pull out data using the Rest API, however - this answers post goes over enabling it and links to the docs (you would need to extract the data with the API and then run through additional scripting to parse your reports).

Best,

-dave

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Have you seen this plugin - PowerReport. Try it out..

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.reporting

And this - EasyBI:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira

and you can get more crafty with other business intelligence platforms. We have integrated Jaspersoft with JIRA if interested in something like that. (info@appfusions.com)

Suggest an answer