Complex SLA requirement

I have a requirement for multiple SLA's for multiple teams in one project space.

We have a custom field we use for assigning to the various teams.  I have 8 teams in this field and I basically need the SLA clock's to start for one team when it is with them and pause all the other clocks.

Then when we change the team assignment to another of the teams, we need it to start that teams clock and pause all of the other clocks.

We're currently on JIRA v6.1.7 and we have Service Desk but I can't seem to find a way to do this with Service desk as it only allows me to pause on the status field.  I've tried a lot of the SLA plugins already available as well and couldn't find a way.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do.

• Team 1 - Issue assigned - SLA respond and resolve clocks start
  • Team 2.3,4 etc.  clocks haven't started because it's with Team 1
  • Change Team to Team 2 - this updates the team the issue is assigned to, pauses Team 1's clocks and starts Team 2's clocks.
  • The change team function is used quite a lot so we need to be able to switch between teams and keep the clocks paused that aren't in use.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

1 answer

You may need a script for this that browse through the ticket history and parse what you need. I have accomplished something-somehow like this before.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

35 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you