Complex Jql (kind of a join)

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi,

im looking for a solution of the following problem:

First JQL

issueType = Epic AND status = "In Progress"

Now for each of these Epics i want to to run a second JQL, where EPIC-1 is replaced by the key of each epic from the first JQL

Epic-Link = EPIC-1

To make this more clear here's an example, visualized by Epic Sum Ups detail view:

detail view.PNG

the result of the jql function should include all the children of the epics SBX-210 and SBX-211, but not the ones of SBX-209 (because its status is not in progress).

So the result should consist of the issues SBX-214,SBX-215,SBX-216,SBX-217

The solution does preferably not require building a Script Runner custom Jql function or even making a new app,

are there apps who can handle with without coding?

Thanks in advance

Jens

1 answer

0 votes
Veronique DUFOUR November 24, 2020

Hi @Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions may be this answer (search intent plugin) or this answer may help ( JQL Booster Pack)

Sorry if this answer is posted twice, I'm not sure I clicked the "answer" button the first time.

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Veronique DUFOUR thanks for your input,

i checked out the docs of JQL Booster and JQL Tricks but couldnt find any function that sounded like it could achieve what i am looking for.

The can do some stuff with 

• Linked issue relation
  • Epic link relation
  • Parent task- subtask relation

but i need a custom type of relation.

Did i miss anything you know of?

Suggest an answer