Completing my sprint adds all tasks to new sprint

Steven G May 5, 2022

I just started using Jira. I completed my 1st sprint and selected 'Move open issues to' 'new sprint'.

Now all issues, even the ones which were completed and not 'open' are moved to the new sprint.

As well I can't find 'Sprint 1' anymore. So here are my questions:

1. How to make sure only 'open' issues will be moved to the new sprint?

2. Where to find my 'Sprint 1' so I can reorganize everything again?

If you can help me with this, that would be great.

Looking forward, thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @Steven G ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

All completed issues should be placed on the last column on the right of your sprint board. Moreover all of these issue should be field resolution valued.

If so, when you complete the sprint just all the other issues will be moved to the next sprint.

Here a guide in order to reopen sprint 1 https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/reopen-a-sprint/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Steven G May 6, 2022

Hey @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

Many thanks for your quick reply, I appreciate that.

I just tried to follow the steps, but unfortunately I can't find the 'Reports' page as mentioned in the steps from the link you shared with me in regards to 'Reopen Sprint 1'.

The user I am logged in with is 'Administrator' but the 'Reports' page is still not showing, see attached screenshot.

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-06 om 15.29.46.png

Do you have any idea what I am missing here?

Many thanks for you help.

Steven

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Steven G ,

From your project’s sidebar, select Reports. If you don’t see this option, you either don’t have permission to view the project’s reports or you need to enable the reports feature.

Suggest an answer