Completing a Sprint

Larry M. Day June 25, 2017

I completed a Sprint 1 I created in the Cloud Trial Version of the Jira Product and I'm having a problem Starting Sprint 2?  Need help? Thxs.

Jira2.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Larry M. Day June 27, 2017

Nic,

Creating a "Critical" filter and I recieve the following error message below? 

Also, I assigned an estimate (ie 6 pts) to an issue. when I changed the issue to a Tasks or Bug and I lose the estimate? 

Jira5.jpgAlso, I assigned an estimate (ie 6 pts) to an issue. when I changed the issue to a Tasks or Bug and I lose the estimate? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

That error means what it says.  Your pririty list does not have "Critical" as an option.

You will lose an estimate if the field does not exist for the issue type you are changing to.  JIRA will warn you about data loss during the move.  However, it won't tell you if you move to a type where the field exists, but is not shown.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2017

When you say "completed", you mean you have put the end date on it and closed it?

Could you give us a wider/longer screenshot, showing the headers of both sprints?

Issue with the horizontal scroll bar. End date is displayed. I might have figure out the problem? I created a 2 week Sprint, but complete the Sprint I day instead of scheduling the sprint over a twp week span. Thoughts?Jira3.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2017

That looks like an open sprint to me.  Where's the header of the next sprint?

I located the sprint Complete button!

I've been creating and completing sprints and select dates a created 2 week sprints. The List of sprints I completed are not being displayed at the bottom of the burnbown chart. Only one sprint at a time. 

Does Jira provide burnup charts?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

Ah, good.

There's no burnup built in to the off-the-shelf system, but a few add-ons provide one.

Larry M. Day June 26, 2017

got it!

Troubled? I created several Sprints and completed each Sprint idividually, of course. The Sprints trail each other by 2 weeks

ie. Sprint 1- 5/29/2017 to 6/12/2017 Sprint 2 - 6/13/2017 to 6/27/2017 Sprint 3 - 6/28/2017 to 07/12/2017 and so on...

The Burndown Chart doesn't display the Sprints in a consecutive order, I only see Sprint 1?

thxs Larry

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

There's a drop-down to select the sprint in the chart.

Larry M. Day June 27, 2017

got it - thxs

Suggest an answer