Completed story showing up in next sprint and previous sprint's burndown.

Kevin Drawyer October 17, 2019

I have a story that was completed the last day of sprint 4.2.  it shows up on the sprint 4.2 sprint report (burndown) chart but also shows up on the sprint 4.3 (active sprint) board in the done column.  It was originally assigned to sprint 4.3 but moved to sprint 4.2.  The only sprint showing in the record is sprint 4.2. 

Any idea on why this story is showing up on the sprint 4.3 board?  Where are the points being recorded?

1 answer

1 vote
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

does the ticket have a resolution in place? that report works based on ticket resolution rather than ticket status.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, the resolution is set to "Done".

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

can you provide some screenshots? might help to understand the issue. I would say, one of the ticket and one for each report

The bottom one is from the Sprint 4.2 sprint report.  the page was too big to screen shot the top.

record-673.PNGSprint_4.3.PNGSprint4.2_sprint_report.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

Within the ticket check the history tab, last image shows that the ticket got added after the sprint started (scope change) and then resolved. Maybe checking there will help you identify who did it and therefore... why.

Adding it to sprint 4.2 was valid, it was pulled into that sprint as work completed.  The issue is that it is also showing up on the sprint 4.3 active sprint board.  Why would that be when it was completed in sprint 4.2?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

as mentioned, check the ticket history, if the ticket would have been pulled from sprint 4.2 to 4.3, then it wouldn't be considered as a scope change as the report shows. What I read from what I see, is that ticket was added to 4.3 after the sprint started. Maybe someone reopened it and decided to add it no that sprint in order to close it again? what do you have on the history tab?

Suggest an answer