Completed Epic removed from Plan Mode?

Suzanne Cho September 18, 2014

If an epic is complete, does it get removed from the list of epics under the Plan Mode?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

That is correct, if you complete the Epic itself it is removed from Plan Mode by default. Plan mode does not show (in a default filter) completed Issues.

However, the Epic will stay on if the issue itself is not completed, but the issues under it are. Out of curiosity, why would you want to keep the Epic on Plan mode?

Say you DID want to show closed Epics, you could modify this in your filter. For example, you could call out Epics specifically by: project="My Project" AND status !=closed OR project="My Project" AND issuetype="Epic" ORDER BY Rank ASC

EDIT: Clarity, last paragraph.

0 votes
Suzanne Cho September 18, 2014

Thanks for your quick response!  It's not by choice that I want to keep the Epics on Plan mode... The Epic Panel which is found under the Plan mode by default.

Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Suzanne, No problem :). Does the above answer your question, then? If so, mark it as the answer and we should be good to go! If not, what is your current filter? Feel free to censor things like project names, fields, etc. I'd mostly be curious about what may be happening (if it is or isn't removing the Epics after close).

Suggest an answer