Complete jira meetings lifecycle and process

Janath Dilshan August 1, 2017

Recently purchased jira software and learn basics from the internet. Now I'm bit confused with meeting lifecycle. Here is the list of meetings and process that I sorted out as my knowledge. 

Product backlog - Created by product owner.

Backlog grooming - Before starting the sprint | product owner/scrum master/dev team | 30minutes

Sprint planning - 2 week sprint | product owner/scrum master/dev team | duration = 2hour

Sprint review End of sprint | product owner/scrum master/dev team | duration = 2hour 

Sprint retro - product owner(Optional)/scrum master/dev team | duration = 90 minutes 

Am I missing something here or doing wrong? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Hello Janath,

The list of meetings you have mentioned is pertaining to Scrum way of working and it's correct. 

Here's an artcile about the same from a senior Agile coach.

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/ceremonies

Janath Dilshan August 2, 2017

Thanks for the article you gave me. Can you explain what is the meaning of "Iteration review" ?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Iteration review is same as Sprint review.

Janath Dilshan August 2, 2017

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2017

Welcome, please accept/upvote answer if it answers your query. thanks.

Janath Dilshan August 3, 2017

Done

Suggest an answer