Complete jira meetings lifecycle and process

Recently purchased jira software and learn basics from the internet. Now I'm bit confused with meeting lifecycle. Here is the list of meetings and process that I sorted out as my knowledge. 

Product backlog - Created by product owner.

Backlog grooming - Before starting the sprint | product owner/scrum master/dev team | 30minutes

Sprint planning - 2 week sprint | product owner/scrum master/dev team | duration = 2hour

Sprint review End of sprint | product owner/scrum master/dev team | duration = 2hour 

Sprint retro - product owner(Optional)/scrum master/dev team | duration = 90 minutes 

Am I missing something here or doing wrong? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Aug 02, 2017

Hello Janath,

The list of meetings you have mentioned is pertaining to Scrum way of working and it's correct. 

Here's an artcile about the same from a senior Agile coach.

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/ceremonies

Thanks for the article you gave me. Can you explain what is the meaning of "Iteration review" ?

Iteration review is same as Sprint review.

Welcome, please accept/upvote answer if it answers your query. thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

277 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you