Complete Agile Rest API documentation

Espen Grimsgaard September 16, 2013

Where can I find a complete documentation on the REST api in Greenhopper/Agile?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2013
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2013

I see you're on onDemand, you probably want to use the information above together with https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/ondemand/

Espen Grimsgaard September 17, 2013

Thanks for the link, but is it complete? Right now I'm using things like /rest/greenhopper/1.0/sprintquery/<id> but I can't seem to find that in the doc you provided here?

1 vote
Andrew
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2015

We're pleased to announce that JIRA Agile now has a public REST API. The new officially supported REST API includes a number of improvements over the old private JIRA Agile REST APIs:

• New resources — We've added a number of new resources to help you interact with JIRA Agile, like the epic and sprint resources.
  • Online documentation — You don't need to mess around looking at private internal API calls anymore. The documentation is available online and will be updated with each release.
  • New documentation theme — The documentation is now easier to parse with expandable sections for resources and better styling.

Check out the documentation for the latest version here: https://docs.atlassian.com/greenhopper/REST/cloud/ 

If you are currently using the private JIRA Agile REST API, see the instructions below:

• If you have a Connect add-on — Be aware that the resources that are marked as private in JIRA Agile REST Scopes have been deprecated. These private resources will no longer be whitelisted on the 1st November 2015. You must migrate to the new public REST API before this date. Note, there is feature parity between the whitelisted private resources and the new public REST resources.
  • If you have a P2 add-on — Be aware that the private JIRA Agile REST API will remain experimental and may break at any time. You can continue to use the private API, but we recommend that you migrate to the new public REST API. Note, feature parity does not exist between the private and public REST APIs, and we cannot promise that there will be feature parity in future.

If you have problems using the new JIRA Agile REST API, create an issue in the ACJIRA project on ecosystem.atlassian.net (not the issue tracker shown at the top of this page).

Andrew Lui
Technical writer, JIRA ecosystem 

1 vote
Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2013

None of the above links provide info on the greenhopper / agile API calls - the first link just talks about the Java API reference. I think you want

https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/restbrowser#/ - make sure you uncheck the box at the top.

Suggest an answer