Complaining about jiradbuser

Deleted user January 12, 2018

How to resolve the problem of no connection btw windows server and sql server due to the complaining about jiradbuser ?

I got "Error connecting to database,  Login failed for user 'jiradbuser' " during database configuration after a brand new jira startup. 

the database actually used by windows7 and high sierra , no complain regarding 'jiradbuser'. 

jiradbuser is the user we use to access jiradb which is for jira software server version launch. 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2018

Hi Quan,

• Is this a local db user or a domain user?
  • Are you able to login to the Server Management Studio console with the jiradbuser?

Please do the following:

1. Verify the username and password used in the JDBC driver definition.
  2. Ensure that the DBMS user exists and the permissions granted are sufficient.

If you're trying to connect to a MS SQL database that is running on a port that is not the default (non-standard), please take a look through this MSDN blog on tips for making application connectivity work.

If this is a domain user take a look at Setup "Windows-based" (Active Directory) authentication with SQL Server.

Cheers,

Branden

Deleted user January 15, 2018

Thank you so much! I will raise these questions to our internal support on server side. 

Yes, the database user has been used many ways, but never with Windows servers + SQL servers. right now, we are installing jira software on a windows server. 

local db user ,  yes

domain user, not sure

windows server connecting to sql server, may require domain user access, that's where we stuck. 

Deleted user January 15, 2018

HI, @somethingblue,   do I need to adjust dbconfig.xml to deal with windows server calling sql server ? 

such as "You may need to add the useNTLMv2=true property depending on your environment configuration."

our windows server admin just provided a VM to me, our SQL server admin just provided me SQL Authentication, which working perfectly, but not with windows server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events