Compatible Releases

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Where can I find information on which of the different releases are compatible with one another? For instance, is JIRA 5.0.2 compatible with Crowd 2.0.7? Do I have to upgrade all of my tools at the same time (i.e., Bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye, Crowd, Clover, Greenhopper). Right now I can't seem to get my 5.0.2 to populate and allow access to an import from 4.1.2 JIRA. Is this because of release compatibilty issues or not? Now I have management looking for a schedule for upgrades for each of the tools and I can't honestly answer them that they don't require an upgrade at the same time or not. I can't find any information on this anywhere.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

They don't need to be upgraded at the same time. Only thing to note is that if you have any tighter integrations you developed, make sure they work when one app is upgraded.

Otherways there is no need to upgrade them at the same time.

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

"Tighter Integrations" meaning, Crowd SSO, SSL, PKI, and application links? If so, then it would seem I have to upgrade them all at the same time.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

Nope. Crowd SSO, SSL, App Links etc should work fine irrespective of the individual application versions. I meant any custom plugins you have written!

Suggest an answer