Comparison between Jira 3.5 and Jira 6.1

Ritesh Dash January 13, 2014

What is the Comparison between Jira 3.5 and Jira 6.1? Is the reporting feature available in Jira 3.5 version?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2014

The only answer to that is 6.1 does a lot more, faster, and has a totally differnt look and feel.

There are huge differences between 3.5 and 6.1. You'll need to read all the release notes ( especially for 3.6, 4.0, 4.3, 5.0 and 6.0) to work out what differences are a concern for you.

"Reporting feature" is too vague a phrase to even begin to guess what functionality you might be asking about.

I'd suggest instead of asking wide ranging questions with no answer better than "read it for yourself", you tell us your worries. 6.1 and 3.5 are both still fundamentally issue trackers, trapping issues with updates, fields, workflows, and user activity. But beyond that, the decent answer is a several thousand word essay, and none of us here are going to write that, only to have you ask even more questions on the bits that actually matter to you.

0 votes
Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

If you mean a "Custom Reporting" feature, for making your own reports, there are plugins available as well as you can make reports with some REST/SOAP programming. I use 5.2 right now and we're upgrading to 6.1 and there is no native Custom Reporting feature in either one but we have loads of options and loads of built-in reports.

0 votes
Ritesh Dash January 13, 2014

Hi, Thanks for your response. Can you please let me know if a reporting feature is available in Jira 3.5?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2014

There are loads of reports in Jira. More in later versions.

As I said before "reporting feature" is far too vague a phrase to begin to guess what you're looking for here.

Suggest an answer