Comparing performance on Jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2013

Hi All

I am trying to compare performance of two jira instances but I am not sure on what metrices should I judge the performance on?

1. I have used the disk access speed test provided by atlassian

2. I have tried issue searching on a wide parameter which returns like 50K issues(i.e. all project issues raised) and compared the time it takes to return values

3. I have tried loading the release board with a project with lots of versions and issues on greehopper which usualy takes a while to load on most instances

4. general speed to raise, edit, resolve and close issues

Is there anything else I can use to compare performance?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2013

I'd also include re-index times, dashboard loading times for a dashboard performing global searches

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

Thanks matthew...

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2013

Response when grabbing the xml results from a large filter. And maybe an excel export (as they really cane a Jira system).

Your searches on 50k issues aren't actually that painful - the indexes are optimised for reporting and it only renders a handful at a time. Absolutely good tests, but they won't stress it as much as rendering several hundred issues through xml/excel.

Deleting a component from a large project (obviously, test systems only)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

thanks Nic for your comments....I will include these in my list of metrics...

Rahul

Suggest an answer