Company Project Timeline / Dashobard

Steve M October 29, 2019

Hello,

My company has recently started using Jira. I am brand new to Jira and just learning what Jira it is all about.

My company appears to need a dashboard of some kind to enable a quick overview of our projects and more importantly the corresponding deadlines.

Is there a way that this can be created in Jira or achieved by third party add on?

I am also hoping it is something that can be displayed on a monitor on a wall so the whole team can get a sense of the current state of our projects.

Thank you for your help. 

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

Have you familiarized yourself with Jira Dashboards? configuring-dashboards 

Steve M October 29, 2019

Thank you for the link I will review it further.

I had a quick look and it appears that a better question is "Is there a gadget that creates a nice display of all project timelines?".

Leif Hanson October 30, 2019

Steve, I would have to agree with Jack, the dashboard is full of great info that can be customized. 

Let us know how you end up with it!

Good luck!

1 vote
Leif Hanson October 29, 2019

With as adaptable as Jira is, I am certain there is something that would create a great interface for project visibility. I have seen a few articles out there but don't have enough information to really make a suggestion. I am pretty new at Jira as well. If I get a chance to find something or get a little info one way or the other I will make sure to drop back by to share it with you!

Have a good one!

0 votes

Steve,

Ok just took a little deeper look at the dashboard and it looks like if you go up to the three dots in the upper right corner when you are on the dashboard you have a few really cool options.

I think what you are looking for is one that is "Set up wallboard slideshow" this will allow you to create a custom slide show of what is going on I a project.

I just played with it for a few minutes and it looks like it is easy to work with and preview your changes to it!

I hope that helps!

Steve M October 30, 2019

Hello Lief,

Wallboard slideshow appears to be a part of the solution, but I still need to organize the underlying dashboard.

Speaking with our project manager it appears as though a Confluence Road map is actually what I am looking for.

0 votes
Sergi Dehesa October 29, 2019

You can also purchase Jira Portfolio https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/portfolio or develop your own addon

Sergi,

Thanks for the link, I will make sure to dig through it as I am new to this as well.

Have a great day!

Suggest an answer