Commits vs Source Tab

Emmett Hogan August 15, 2013

I know there is another question about this on "Atlassian Answers", but I really couldn't grok the responses...so, I find myself asking the same thing.

We are using Jira 6 with Crucible/Fisheye 3 to access our SVN repositories. Everything looks ok except the "Commits" tab. It seems to just show an Advertisement for "Bitbucket", "Stash" and "FishEye". I already have FishEye successfully linked, so unless it only populates if you are using GIT (like the other answers indicated)...and you aren't using GIT...how the heck do you get rid of that tab??

If, on the other hand, it's supposed to give us more (different) SVN info out of FishEye...then what am I missing?

Sorry to sound so clueless, but this has had me scratching my head all day.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Josh Kritner October 1, 2013

Just wanted to note for anyone finding this on Google.. This work-around may cause issues in Jira 6.1 Standalone. The Development Integration Plugin relies on some functionality of the DVCS plugin: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34700

Jeffrey Davidson October 8, 2013

Thanks for the comment here - I just ran into this myself. After re-enabling, all my issues started loading again.

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Looks like they fixed this in 6.1.1.

3 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2013

Hi there,

Can you try the steps below?

1. Navigate to Manage Add-ons
  2. Switch to system plugins
  3. Look for DVCS plugin
  4. Disable the DVCS plugin
  5. Verify the commit tab is gone

Hope this helps, cheers :D

Thanks Richie! That did the trick. I was missing the switch to "System Plugins"!

So...is the "Commits" tab only for GIT integration?

Thanks again!

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2013

Not entirely accurate, actually the commit tab refers to the DVCS plugin which you can use to connect to BitBucket or Git Hub, source tab is the one that Fisheye Plugin utilize. So if you are not using, you can disable it to avoid confusion like in your earlier case.

Hope this explains :D

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Is there any reason the Commit tab from the DVCS plugin suggests using it to connect to Fisheye then? I think that is what is causing the confusion

1 vote
Martin Flower January 19, 2014

Note

* Navigation is via Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons > System (Dropdown)

The DVCS plugin is actually

* JIRA DVCS Connector Plugin

The Commit tab is designed for BitBucket and GitHub, so not relevant if you're running Stash (like us)

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2015

Just want to add, if you have jira before 6.2 - that plugin may be not the part of system plugins, but in the User-installed section

0 votes

Thanks Richie! That did the trick. I was missing the switch to "System Plugins"!

So...is the "Commits" tab only for GIT integration?

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer