Commit messages are not being processed by JIRA

Andrew Serff January 3, 2013

Through our ondemand setup, commits to bitbucket are getting attached to issues in JIRA, but the commit messages are not being processed per: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Processing+JIRA+issues+with+commit+messages

i.e. if I put #comment my comment in my git commit message, a comment doesn't get added to the issue. Also if I do #resolved that doesn't change the status of the issue.

Do we have something set up wrong?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Serff January 9, 2013

So the problem was that there were two JIRA users with the same email address. You can't have that. I changed one of their email addresses and now it is working!

1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi,

Please check if the e-mail set on Bitbucket account is the same that are being used by your JIRA account. The e-mail accounts must match.

In addition to this, check if the user that is trying to perform issue actions have the necessary rights for this.

If you still face problems with this after these checks, please raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com.

Lucas Lima

Andrew Serff January 3, 2013

Well I have 3 email address in my bitbucket account. I just tried setting the primary to the one that is in my JIRA account, but it still didn't work. Also, the email in my git config is also the same as my jira user. My jira user is an admin, so I assume I have all the privs. I already raised a support issue too, so hopefully they can help me out there.

0 votes
Michael October 22, 2013

I'm facing same problem. I'm also using Bitbucket & Jira. Commits are attached to issues correctly, however comments nor transitions are parsed.

I have set emails for my git client, primary bitbucket email & admin jira user to be the same.

I'm using Jira onDemand.

Suggest an answer