Commit Message on Jira Dashboard

Arne Neugebauer October 17, 2012

Hi,

we are affraid to be new with JIRA and Stash (and so one) since today. i have installed and configured all things well, but one thing i don't find Answers to. Is it possibel to show on my JIRA Dashboard a Message when a some of my Coder commit some files? That would be really great because i don't look the Source Tab every hour ;)

Somebody knowes about that? I have read documentation, search this forum but no idea if is possible.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Arne,

Commits should appear in the "Activity Stream" Gadget which you can include on any JIRA dashboard. Make sure that JIRA is connected to Stash and Stash is connected properly to JIRA. If you have activity showing in the "Source" tab, you should be good to go.

- Simon

Arne Neugebauer October 17, 2012

Hi Simon,

first thanks for your response. I have activate the "Activity Stream" Gadget and this works finde, but when i make a commit there is no entry for commits - That is why i ask here ;) On my Project i have a "Source" Tab where the commits are in, but not in my Activity Stream :(

Thanks for the help.

Greetz Arne

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

My mistake - looks like Stash isn't compatible with Activity Streams yet. I'm afraid I don't know if this is planned for a future version of Stash/JIRA. I couldn't find a feature request for it either - it is a good opportunity to file one: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012

You should check out this plugin which says it can publish Stash comments to the JIRA activity stream: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.appfusions.stash.stash-diff-comments. It may also publish the commit activity in general.

Arne Neugebauer October 18, 2012

Hi,

i have try the plugin but in the activity stream still don't came a message from commimts. Seems the plugin only post in the acitivity when some coder comment in the diffs, the desc seems like this.

It's really bad that commits don't will be publish on activity stream, so i must look daily in the sources or ask a coder if he has post something - Not optimal ;)

Greetz

David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Hi Arne,

I'd be interested to know how you would use that information if it was provided on the Dashboard. How would it be helpful to you?

David

Arne Neugebauer October 18, 2012

Hi David,

i have multiple developers on my team. If I could see this information on my dashboard, I know to look at some code without searching for this information because i see my JIRA Dashboard a lot of times once a day ;)

Currently I had to look it up in stash if a developer has uploaded something, If i have this information It saves me time.

regards

David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Hi Arne,

It seems that you are doing an informal kind of code review, possibly for code quality control. Maybe you could benefit from the new Pull Requests feature. It would impose a more structured workflow, but you'd be certain to see all the code that got committed, and you could add comments to give feedback to your team. Just a thought.

David

Suggest an answer