Commit Acceptance plugin for Jira 6.1

Matthew Williams October 22, 2013

Is there any timeframe for when a version of the Commit Acceptance plugin for Jira 6.1 might come out? The current version of the plugin, v1.6.0, is compatibile up to version 6.0.8, according to the Atlassian Marketplace.

11 answers

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2015

Hello everyone,

Commit Policy Plugin is the modern reimplementation of the Commit Acceptance Plugin. It is already compatible with JIRA 6.1-6.4, and regular compatibility updates are released. (Fun fact: it is a work of Aron Gombas, who developed the Commit Policy Plugin for Atlassian many-many years ago.)

Read the comparison between these two, or the full manual.

0 votes
Ian Wells June 3, 2015
0 votes
l November 13, 2014

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our JIRA version to 6.3.4 and commit acceptance is very important for is.

Is there have any version which supports JIRA 6.3.4. When we tested the latest version of commit acceptance in JIRA 6.3.4, it was showing different behavior than in JIRA 5.2.1(our current JIRA version)

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2014

Hi Matthew,

JIRA Commit Acceptance was working fine on 6.1.x event that was not officialy compatible on Marketplace. Version 1.6.0 should be fine up to the latest one (currently 6.2.7), so there is no need to upgrade yet. Compatibility it is also updated on Marketplace.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.ext.commitacceptance/versions

Now your UPM should be able to recognize that everything is ok.

Best Regards,

Mirek

0 votes
Ben Daniels June 5, 2014

I just submitted a ticket to ATL Support on this as well. We upgraded our JIRA to version 6.2.6 and now we are unable to use pre-commit hooks, which are imperative to our SCM process. Does anyone out there know the highest version level of JIRA that is currently compatible with the 1.6.0 version of this plugin?

0 votes
Ben Daniels June 5, 2014

I just submitted a ticket to ATL Support on this as well. We upgraded our JIRA to version 6.2.6 and now we are unable to use pre-commit hooks, which are imperative to our SCM process. Does anyone out there know the highest version level of JIRA that is currently compatible with the 1.6.0 version of this plugin?

0 votes
Matthew Williams May 7, 2014

I received some information from the Atlassian Support team regarding the CMMT-88 ticket:

I just got in touch with the assignee of the issue, Grzegorz Tanczyk, and had a chat with him about the latest situation of the ticket. He told me that it's being tested currently, and considering that there were no groundbreaking changes between JIRA 6.1 and 6.0, it should be compatible soon.

As such, I do believe that they are actually working on the ticket (there are also quite a number of private comments between the developers regarding the issue). I know that I have already mentioned this before, but I believe that at this point, the best course of action would be to continue observing the ecosystem ticket.

0 votes
Matthew Williams May 7, 2014

I received a bit more information from Atlassian Support regarding CMMT-88:

I just got in touch with the assignee of the issue, Grzegorz Tanczyk, and had a chat with him about the latest situation of the ticket. He told me that it's being tested currently, and considering that there were no groundbreaking changes between JIRA 6.1 and 6.0, it should be compatible soon.

As such, I do believe that they are actually working on the ticket (there are also quite a number of private comments between the developers regarding the issue). I know that I have already mentioned this before, but I believe that at this point, the best course of action would be to continue observing the ecosystem ticket.

0 votes
Matthew Williams March 9, 2014

There is an open enhancement request https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CMMT-88for 6.1 & 6.2 compatibility, but it looks as though Atlassian have still not done anything about it

0 votes
Matthew Williams November 19, 2013

I raised a query through Atlassian Support and asked them when the plugin might be updated. I got the following response from the Support team:

Regarding when the Commit Acceptance plugin will be available for JIRA 6.1.x, we currently do not have a solid release date. New versions are usually released when they are ready, and as such is not announced beforehand to avoid any rushing from the developer side, I believe.

As such, I would recommend that you keep an eye on the Marketplace page for the plugin here, and also the issue tracker for the Commit Acceptance plugin here.

0 votes
volodymyr.koval November 4, 2013

Hey, Atlassian! How are you? Can you please tell when we can have your answer at least? (O_-) 128 members are already watching you aswering the question.

Basically, it is time to ask for 6.1.2 compartibility already.

Suggest an answer