Comments on Bulk Transitions

Cameron Jezorek December 1, 2012

Periodicly we go through and bulk close resolved tickets that have not been closed out. We do this via Bulk Edit> Transition Issues.

Our problem is that for some issue types the comments field displays for editing and on some issue types the comment field doesn't display.

We need it to consistantly display so that we can enter an admin comment as to what is happening to the ticket. How do I fix this so that the field is available on all issue types?

2 answers

0 votes
Market America's JIRA Admin May 21, 2013

When I go to the screens for the transitions that are not displaying comment fields, 'Comment' is not a choice to add to the screen.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hi,

As I can understand that the issue types seems to have different screens, so in few edit screen the comments field is available and in few it is not available. So, Add the comments field to the missing edit screens. Then you will be able to see in all screens.

Hope this helps.

Cameron Jezorek December 2, 2012

The comment field is not an available option in the select list to add.

Suggest an answer