Comments getting posted multiple Times

Arijit Banerjee March 30, 2016

We are using JIRA Service Desk.We implemented a logic when Parent moves to Status A the corresponding Sub-Tasks also will move to certain Status say B.This is we have implemented using Workflow toolbox plugin in workflow post function, but the problem we are facing is that on transitioning to Status A there is a intermediate screen where we have to give some comment and those comment is getting posted on the parents more than once i.e. No of comments posted = One for parent task + Number of Subtasks. Say number of Sub-task are 3 so the total number of times the same comment is getting posted to the parent is 4 times.

I have also tried to implement the same logic using Script Runner Plugin but the end result is same.Can you please suggest what can we do to avoid this?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2016

This is actually quite simple - you've told it to add the comments four times.  Your sub-tasks each follow a workflow that says "post the comment on the parent", so it does.

I think the best thing to do would be to copy the parent workflow to a new copy, remove the "post comment" code from that, then associate it with the sub-tasks so they don't post the comments when they transition.

Parent and Sub-Task are using different set of workflows and we are not trying to copy comments from parent to child.

I agree that on Subtask workflow we have a post function which is responsible to copy comment from child to parent but why do that get executed when i am not pushing the comment of parent to child?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2016

I think you need to take a close look at the post-functions you've got here - it's unclear what you have created, but clear that it's looping incorrectly, or calling the comment action in the wrong place.

I have attached the screenshot of the post function for both Parent and Subtask.Can you please help me undestand where I am going wrong.

PARENT

Parent.PNG

SUB-TASK

Sub-Task.PNG

0 votes
amit raj March 30, 2016

would suggest to use latest version of workflow tool box plugin.2.2.9 i believe.

I am using the latest 2.2.9 version of Workflow Toolbox but yet facing the issue.

Suggest an answer