Comments and Work log tabs not appearing for a user

Lauren Brooker January 11, 2016

Hi,

One of our users/employees has said they cannot see any of the logged comments or work logs but can add comments/logged work.

I have looked into Development tools and the comments/work log is not restricted - All users can view.

What else could it be?

Lauren

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

Certain comments could have additional restricton, check it.

0 votes
Piotr Radaj January 13, 2016

Hi,
I have simillar problem. When I want to log work (click on the task, then ctype "." and then type "Log work") and write some text in "Work Description") and press button Log.  I can't see this "Work Description" as a standard comment in active sprint view. It's only visible in "Work Log" tab in the task. 

However, when I do simmilar thing i.e. moving tast from TO DO to Blocked and write some text in "Comment" filed -> it's visible as a comment in active sprint view.

I hope that you  udestand me. Some attachments to make it easier. Please help me solve this problem.example2_comment_exist.PNGexemple2_some_text_blocked_in.PNGlog_work.PNGlog_work_tab.PNGno_comment.PNG

Regards,
Piotr 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

I think it could do caused by project permissions, because there are different permissions for worklog and comments. Maybe there are additional restrictions for Agile, i can not say, because we do not use it.

Suggest an answer