Comments:*#*#284#*#* Submitted after the display:##284##

shiying xue May 20, 2015

hi jira:

I am a JIRA administrator,  

When my team to submit comments, problems, comments on the content of :  *#*#284#*#*, submitted, jira display for ##284## .    *  is missing,

See the attached pictures

d.png

4 answers

0 votes
shiying xue May 21, 2015

thank you! Chris Fuller!

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

It is not a bug.  It is the Wiki Renderer formatting the text.  Text surrounded by asterisks is interpreted as bold.  In fact, due to the fact that the same formatting used to be used by Confluence, the editor will start to make the same changes if you type that into an answer here:

##284#*#*

Except that this editor only triggers the bold substitution when the first asterisk is at a word boundary, apparently, so only the first one gets changed.

Although there are several ways to escape this, the simplest is to use the "{noformat}" macro: 

{noformat}
*#*#284#*#*
{noformat}

Which results in this:

*#*#284#*#*

If you don't like this and really want to take away all abilities to format text, the use of the wiki renderer is configurable.

crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

On a lighter note, I have to say that asterisks and hash marks aren't particularly effective at making the number really stand out. I would go with this, instead... -=≡░▒▓█ !!!! 284 !!!! █▓▒░≡=-

shiying xue May 21, 2015

yes! this 'Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin' [*#*#284#*#*] , thank you! Chris Fuller!

0 votes
shiying xue May 20, 2015

Oh!   this is not a bug!    comments Advanced mode,  This is very bad. If I can switch to close the advanced mode

'Text Formatting Notation Help ' display

0 votes
shiying xue May 20, 2015

JIRA PRD : 6.2.6  

TEST JIRA  6.4.4   Is always the same

Suggest an answer