Comment visibility

Jérôme Brandt August 7, 2012

Hi,

I'am using the "Comment visibility" and it works fine.

But by default, the comment is visible by everyone! How to change this ? I would like that by default, the comment will only be visible by a group.

How to do this ?

PS : Sorry for my poor English....

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

You can't do this without modifying some source files. Visibility restrictions are shown based on your current groups and permissions and hence cannot be achieved using simple javascripts hacks.

Hi,

Thanks,

Ok, do you know the source files to modify ?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Check out /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/field/comment-edit.vm and CommentSystemField class.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2012

Hi there,

You can configure the Comment Visibility for your instance in the 'General Configuration' page, (Administration > System > General Configuration), of your instance. Please check out our documentation on the subject to see the possibilities: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

All
the best,
John

Thanks,

But it's not my question (sorry).

How to change the default value for comment visibilty (by default the comment is visible by everyone). I would like that the default value is a restriction.

Suggest an answer