Comment responses are not submitting correctly

Jay Pasic January 15, 2018

Hello,

We are having a strange issue with our Jira environment.  Our comment replies seem to bug out making it look like they don't submit because they don't reload the page. 

For example if we try to reply to a comment on an issue and submit it, the page will scroll up without reloading, with the reply window still open - making it seem as if the reply didn't go through.  However, if we manually reload the page afterwards, the response is submitted.  Problem is most of the users think the reply didn't go through, so they keep hitting the "Add" button and end up posting the same response multiple times.

I've attached an image of posting a test response to one of the comments.  If we type a response, and press "add" button it stays on this same page with this window open. 

comment1.PNG

We are on Jira 6.3.15 running on Centos 7

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Jay Pasic January 16, 2018

After doing some more digging, I have found the issue is related to Threaded Comments for Jira plug-in: https://bitbucket.org/vrenjith/jira-threaded-comments/issues/29/jira-comment-replies-do-not-close-after

Thanks for the assistance.

0 votes
Jay Pasic January 16, 2018

Timothy,

Thanks for the response.

Looking at the console, I see the following error:

VM184:1 POST http://<jira-URL-removed>/rest/handlecomments/latest/hdata/addcomment 500 (Internal Server Error)

Next to that, there's a column that has this in it:

batch.js?locale=en-US:2879

Thanks.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

If multiple users are having this issue on multiple different browsers, this is probably a front end error. Check your browser's console if there are any errors returned. That should give you an idea on which front end script is failing.

You might also want to start looking into add on conflicts and start disabling one at a time. If you can replicate this on a test instance, this would be best.

Suggest an answer