Comment only (drop non-comments), mail dropped same if not mail handler

Michael Ferdinand December 20, 2016

Hi,

I have several profile "mail handler" and when the profile with option : "Comment only (drop non-comments)" but that the mail handler does not match, it should not treat the mail but the mail dropped despite all.

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Griffiths December 21, 2016

Hi Michael,

Just to clarify your situation, you have a JEMH profile that is set to Comment only (drop non-comments), but when an email is sent that doesn't match the profile's Catch Email Address it is being processed and then dropped?

Do you have a single mailbox which is storing emails from multiple email aliases (different To: addresses)? If so what do you have set for the Non Catchmail Match Action setting under Profile > Email > Message Filtering?

If this has been set to Forward or Drop then an email that doesn't match the Catch Email Address will be dropped after an attempt has been made to process it. This is done to prevent mail blockages as leaving the email in mailbox will subject it to being reprocessed (and failing again).

However if the email is intended for another profile which is using the same mailbox then setting this to Ignore (leave in mailbox) will stop it from being dropped and will allow the other profile to process it.

image2016-12-21 11:36:4.png

Cheers,

Rhys

Michael Ferdinand December 21, 2016

Hi Rhys,

That's exactly it.

But normally it should not match and therefore do not process the mail out it treats it as same.

All the mails are in the same directory and I have several projects with several mail that check the directory.

example : screenshot Problematic profile 

2016-12-21-140852_446x477_scrot.png

So this profile should not process the mail and the following profile should be matched but it can not because it is removed before the check :

2016-12-21-140925_439x507_scrot.png

log jemh :

• can handle is NO but Deleted why ?

2016-12-21-142338_905x835_scrot.png

Thank you for your answer

regards,

Michaël

Rhys Griffiths December 21, 2016

Hi Michael,

The profiles pull the mail in from the mailbox to process them, it is during the processing that the Catch Email Address is checked for, if there is no match then the Non Catchmail Match Action is performed.

Setting this to Ignore (leave in Mailbox) will leave the email in the mailbox which will allow other profiles to try and process the email.

With you posting screen-shots of configurations I wanted to remind you that this is a public forum. To prevent the exposure of your data, if you need to send me more screen-shots can you please open a support ticket by either mailing jemh-support@thepluginpeople.com or visiting our support website https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH.

Cheers,

Rhys

Michael Ferdinand December 21, 2016

Hi Rhys,

Thank you for this answer.

I sent a mail to the mailbox you gave me

Regards,

Michaël

Suggest an answer