Comment on linked issues post function script : how to set visibility level ?

Mathieu de Lafond August 9, 2016

Hi to all,

I've been using Script Runner for a few months, and I found the built-in "Update on blocking issues" script quite useful. In our implementation, on a given transition of a Dev ticket, it comments on any linked Support issue.

Now, the linked issues I'd like to comment on are seen by our clients, and so is the automatic comment. I'd like to have the visibility level of the comment set on an internal group, but the option is not given by the built-in script.

Does anyone have the script of this post function, or know if it is available for me to improve? Is there any alternative script in which I could hope to find this feature?

Regards,
Mathieu 

2 answers

1 vote
Mathieu de Lafond August 10, 2016

Hi Thanos,

Thanks for the quick answer and the link.
It is too bad I couldn't be given access to the built-in script, as it covered already 90% of what I need ... (I don't get very much why built-in scripts should be kept secret when one has the #1 selling script plug-in for JIRA).

Anyway, it obviously is a great plugin !

Regards,
Mathieu 

PS : for whoever needs it, here's the script I got working, made from other scripts found around here as well. It's amazingly ugly and full of useless lines and imports, but it gets the job done for now ... feel free to edit a "clean" garbage-less one if needed !

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
def issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()

import org.apache.log4j.Category
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager
import com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowContext
import com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowTransitionUtil;
import com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowTransitionUtilImpl;
import com.atlassian.jira.util.JiraUtils;

def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.PostFunction")
log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG)
log.debug "debug statements"

log.debug "Hello"

String currentUser = ((WorkflowContext) transientVars.get("context")).getCaller();
WorkflowTransitionUtil workflowTransitionUtil = ( WorkflowTransitionUtil ) JiraUtils.loadComponent( WorkflowTransitionUtilImpl.class );
def currentUserObj = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()//

// Récupérer les informations de la requête client d'origine 
issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(issue.getId())?.each {issueLink ->
    	log.debug("Checking type : "+issueLink.issueLinkType.name)
        if (issueLink.issueLinkType.name == "0.Affilier") {
        log.debug ("Linktyp: "                + issueLink.issueLinkType.name)
        log.debug ("Status parent: "      + issueLink.sourceObject.getStatus())
        log.debug ("ID parent: "              + issueLink.sourceObject.getId())
        log.debug ("Schlüssel Verlinkung: " + issueLink.sourceObject.getKey())

// Seulement si la requête client est à l'état Prise en Charge / Traitement Développeurs
            log.debug("Issue link destination of type "+issueLink.getSourceObject().getClass())
            if ((issueLink.sourceObject.getStatus().getName() == "Prise en charge") || (issueLink.sourceObject.getStatus().getName() == "Traitement Développeurs") || (issueLink.sourceObject.getStatus().getName() == "Validé Club Utilisateurs")){

// Lancer la transition 71 vers Traitement Développeurs
                if (issueLink.getSourceObject() instanceof MutableIssue) {

// Ajouter un commentaire
               		CommentManager commentManager = (CommentManager) ComponentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(CommentManager.class);
                	String comment = "ATTENTION : une demande DEV affiliée à celle-ci a été fermée prématurément, pourquoi?";
                    commentManager.create(issueLink.getSourceObject(), currentUserObj, comment, null, (Long) 10001, true)//////////

}
                }
            }
else {log.debug("Hello CCCCCCCC")}
       }
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

nice one Mathieu...

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

Hi Mathieu,

You can do this but in your own custom post function. And there you can use the commentManager to set group or/and project level restrictions in your comment. If you start writing the script I can assist you further.

I would also suggest you to create a feature request for the ability to set restrictions in comments in the built in script.

regards,

Thanos 

Suggest an answer