Comment field showing

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2014

I have a workflow and when I transition to the next step it has a popup screen for fields I want/need filled out however for some reason on two of the screens there is a comment field that I do not want to show how can I had that (it is now showing as being on the screen is the screens.

2 answers

1 vote
Marco Paleani October 20, 2014

you can use properties in transitions and steps for deny access to the comment field:

key = jira.permission.comment   value = denied

Fields where users haven't access, are not rendered

here you get also some help: http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2014

It will work on the step, but does it work on the transition as well?

Marco Paleani October 20, 2014

you can also use seperate screens for transistions - only the "system-assign" is more or less not customisable - but you can set the permission for assign to denied and create a own assign as a workflowstep ;)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2014

I know that I can use different screens in transitions, but they all will show the comment field. And that is what Michelle does not want. So if you deny the comment issue permission on a step, the users will still have this permission during the transition and then they see this comment field (if a screen is used in this transition), or?

Marco Paleani October 21, 2014

also transitions have properties

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2014

I haven't used this properties on both steps and transition the same time, yet. But before you do this on all Steps and Transitions it would be easier to change your permission scheme, don't you agree?

On permission scheme you can only set a global value, and the related role can't comment on any step or transition. With Permissions you can modify a single Point in the workflow. Also you can use more advanced techniques with permissions depends on roles for a single step with the scriptrunnerplugin e.g

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2014

True, maybe update your answer to use these properties only on transition and not on steps.

done

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2014

Comment field is shown on all screens to those users with comment issue permission. As far as I know you cannot remove it.

Suggest an answer