Comment box not available on JIRA view issue page

Darapu Rajesh Babu April 13, 2017

When I click on "Comment" but present under Activity section, I am not getting the Comment box to put my comments. I have also attached the screenshot for your reference. Even I am the JIRA administrator and also the project admin. Please help guys.

CETS.PNG

4 answers

0 votes
Erik Gotera March 6, 2019

Hello,

I have the same problem.

In my case, it happening only for the users who are in the group jira-administrators.

And only for a specific project.

I tried disabling ScriptRunner but still, the error was there.

In the logs nothing is showing. 

Somebody can help me?

Thanks!

0 votes
AramaM April 27, 2017

Hello,

We have the exact same problem.

Until now we have not found a solution, it just comes and goes away randomly, but we found that disabling Scriptrunner makes commeting available. So currently we have an issue opened with their support.

We discovered this by going into safe mode in JIRA and disabling / enabling add-ons.

If you have a solution for this, please post it, because we have for about 2/3 months.

Thank you!

0 votes
Tom Harris April 14, 2017

Hi Darapu,

The first thing I'd check is the permission scheme used for the project you're working in.

Even if you're a JIRA administrator and Project admin, unless you (individually or as part of a group or project role) are assigned the permission "Add Comments" you won't be able to add a comment.

If that's not the cause of the problem we can have a look at other possibilities.

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2017

Have you tried a different browser? And are you using any browser extensions? This looks like a browser rendering issue rather than a permissions issue.

Suggest an answer