Comic sans in JIRA tickets description?

Marakai October 13, 2016

Let me first sincerely apologise for what may seem like a frivolous question here!

However, as I'm fortunate to work in an organisation and team that has a sense of humour and where "prank of the week" is almost a tradition, I thought I'd add in with a most horrid one:

The font in JIRA tickets - at least in the description field - shall be Comics Sans for a day!

Is that possible in such a way that it can also be undone (at least moving forward, even if tickets of that day remain in CS)? This would specifically be for tickets that are auto-generated through a variety of batch and monitoring systems, so not necessarily hand-entered ones.

I'd threatened folks with this before and mostly got a "we dare you!" back...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2016

There's an Atlassian value of "Don’t #@!% the customer".

Any option that allows you to inflict 'comic sans' on a customer breaches that value.  So, no, you can't do it without a little bit of hacking.  (Sadly, not true for some other products, but at least JIRA users are safe-ish)

Marakai October 14, 2016

Admittedly I hadn't considered whether Comic Sans was banned by the Geneva Convention! wink

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

smile  Worth checking before you do it.

It's a pet hate of mine, partly because it looks childish and puerile, but mostly because it's damn hard to read quickly.  I've heard some people defend it as easier to read for dyslexics, but the badly dyslexic friend I have says it's virtually impossible, and there are fonts out there that work far better.

Marakai October 14, 2016

Well, it'd only be for a day. And fortunately I work with the kind of people who would do it themselves if they knew how and had admin access to Jira. smile

Personally, I don't understand the exaggerated hatred for the font. It's become a bit of a meme. "gotta hate Comic Sans, like you gotta hate... I don't know, Twilight, or something".

It's a font, not an especially good one, and it's become an Internet thing to go off on it.

It's not like I'm using Wingdings! laugh

Suggest an answer