Combining free trials

Paul Newton October 17, 2018

I am trying to educate myself by using a free trial of Jira - I am managing a simple board with my personal todo tickets.

I was trying to add on a free trial of the R4J requirements tool - and I got a complaint - something like "cannot install this add-in on a cloud-based installation".

Is it possible to combine these free trials?  If not, would paying for the (cheap) paid version of Jira allow me to use my free trial of R4J?

(I hope this question isn't too narrow to be interesting enough to get some help!)

PaulN.

3 answers

3 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

That add-on is only available for the self hosted Jira offerings. It does not work with the Jira Cloud offering.

Paul Newton October 17, 2018

So - what does it take to have a self-hosted installation of Jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

Download Jira Server and install it on a machine you own.  Get an evaluation licence for it and then add whatever add-ons you want to try (also with evaluation licences)

Paul Newton October 18, 2018

Thank you.  These answers resolved my issues.

0 votes
Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Paul Newton!

Good news! R4J Cloud has been released last month, November.

If you have questions and are interested in a demo of the Cloud version, please reach out to us through our support portal. We'd be happy to hear any feedback on the application.

Best regards,
Angelica

0 votes
Riya October 21, 2018

Hi,

If you want to filter, add-ons supported by cloud edition of JIRA. Go to Atlassian Market Place By Navigating https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

From Left navigation panel select Jira (Under Product List), Cloud (Under Hosting option). It will show you plugin list which is supported by Cloud Hosting.

Riya

Suggest an answer