Combining custom field types

t.dot November 1, 2012

I'm using JIRA onDemand and I was wondering if there was a way to combine custom field types to only show up as one - not all separately...

What I want to do is have a text field to be able to enter numbers for quantity, then a drop down list of available material to order.

Is there a way to do this showing as one combined field? The only thing I can do right now is create separate fields for everything which can get messy.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

You cannot combine fields. The best workaround is probably to group them on to different tabs.

t.dot November 1, 2012

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for your response - I went ahead and grouped them on different tabs but now my problem is that it's not viewable under the details section. The details section only shows the fields on the first tab. How can I get all the fields from all tabs shown under details?

t.dot November 1, 2012

Yes the other fields all have values inputted.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

Does the other fields have values? If so, they should also be shown.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2012

What kind of field is it? If it is date or user field, that will be shown on the right hand side sections only.

0 votes
t.dot November 5, 2012

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for all your help! I realised that my custom fields were not set to a global context and was only on a specific project that is not the test project I'm currently on. I've adjusted the settings and it now appears under details.

Suggest an answer