Combined User List

Glenn Price June 27, 2017

Hi,

Is there is a way that we could ensure that we have 1 master list and both JIRA and Confluence are automatically synched to the 1 same list that would really help for us in administering the user management. This is instead of having to log into each portal to check who has licenses (or is a registered user for either confluence or Jira).

We have a locally installed version of Jira/Confluence 

2 answers

0 votes
Glenn Price June 28, 2017

Cheers. So I am guessing I would need to setup and configure a 'crowd' server first of all?

Glenn 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

No, because you already have one, sort of. 

JIRA and Confluence have an "embedded crowd" which provides their internal directories.  The embedded crowd can't be extended or used for most other applications, but you can tell a Confluence system to use a JIRA's embedded Crowd.  That's what the doc is about.

If you do that with your Confluence, you will be able to manage your JIRA and Confluence users purely in JIRA.

Glenn Price June 28, 2017

Ta.

So is it just the below i have to follow?

1. Connect Confluence to a JIRA application:

2.Set up the JIRA user directory in Confluence:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

Yes, just follow the steps in the second part of the doc.

Glenn Price July 3, 2017

Is there currently an issue with the site? Can't seem to view several of the support/config docs :(

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2017

have a look at status.atlassian.com

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2017

Suggest an answer