Columns for the filters

Jirong Hu July 29, 2015

When I create a new filter, if I change the fields to display by Configure Columns, I see it affects all my other filters. How can I have different columns for different filters?

Thanks

Jirong

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2015

Save the filter you have just defined, then check the settings cog, you will find "set columns for this saved filter" is in there.  It will not change the columns for other filters if you use that, and the setting will travel with the saved filter (other people will view the filter with those saved columns by default, but not change them, although they can look at the same filter with their own personal columns)

Jirong Hu July 29, 2015

I can't find such "set columns for this saved filter" menu in the settings cog. I am using v5.2.4 JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2015

It's not quite that phrase, but it is there. The other option is to go to "manage filters", find your filter in the list and look at the right hand side, where there should be a "columns" link for editing the columns for just that filter.

Joe Harmon October 9, 2017

I am running JIRA server version 7.4.0 and that option doesn't exist.  Under manage filters the cog on each filter only has an edit or a delete button.

Rhamy Zakhari May 8, 2018

Bit late to the party, but for me there's a columns option on the far right just below the views button. If you click on that there should be a 'My Defaults' option and 'Filter' option. Any changes made on the filter option will only affect the filter you're working on. 

Suggest an answer