Column configuration in Issue Navigator resets after clicking on a column header

Vedran Grudenic October 2, 2014

I am trying to configure the Issue Navigator to show certain custom fields for a list of issues according to the documentation. Selected columns show up properly after I click Done in the Columns config. dialog, but if I click on any column header to change sort order, or try to refresh the page, added columns disappear and it switches to default.

I also don't see any difference when using the System tab inside the Columns config. dialog, and what's even stranger, I have noticed that the System tab can be clicked by non-admin users also.

Is there a way to make this configuration permanent? I am using JIRA v6.2.5#6262.

4 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2014

For example, project-specific custom fields will be shown only if the filter has been restricted to that project only. Issue type custom fields will only appear if the filter has been restricted to that issue type.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2014

Some custom fields is to match the project or issuetype, you need to indicate the specific information in the query conditions 

for example:task has custom fields <activity>

Then:

issuetype = task and project = XXXX

0 votes
Vedran Grudenic October 17, 2014

But isn't this a bug? What's the point of making the columns appear as sortable, if they disappear if you try to sort?

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2014

i think you can try this plugin

Column Order Gadget Plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/at.celix.jira.plugins.column-order

Suggest an answer