Column Width

Mario De Gortari March 31, 2014

How can i expand the width of the columns in Kanban boards, so that i can see the entire name of the issue?

4 answers

2 votes
Kurt Callebaut April 16, 2019

announcement from 29 jan, but still not available... :(

0 votes
Kurt Callebaut April 12, 2019

Yes, thx... 

Atlassian Update – 29 January 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that this feature is coming to you shortly with Jira 8.1, together with a larger set of improvements for Jira boards. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to us in the comments.

Kind regards,
Sylwia Mikolajczuk
Jira Server Team

Jackie Abouzeid May 2, 2019

I don't see the ability to change the width of columns on a jira board in the new Jira 8.1 version.  When will this functionality be available?  

Thank you!

William December 5, 2019

Did you find this feature anywhere? I still don't see it in jira 8.4

Jackie Abouzeid December 5, 2019

I'm using v8.4.1 and I don't see it either.  Very frustrating.

Like Tyler Hostetler likes this
Tyler Hostetler December 20, 2019

using 8.5.1 and this feature does not exist. Is this going to be addressed anytime soon?

Tom S February 18, 2020

I'm using v8.7.0 and can't find this feature, is it still going to be added?

Alba Sabin March 12, 2020

This feature still not available. Is still being work on? when will this be released? 
Thanks!

Like # people like this
Therése Sallfeldt April 16, 2020

The fact that you can't add several columns and still see the text, will most likely lead to using Trello instead. 

0 votes
Joshua Olson May 10, 2017

To expand on Jose's answer here's a longer bookmarklet that's a bit more convenient to use.

It keeps the standard size as the minSize and you can set the maxSize to however wide you'd like and then it steps between them using incrementBy.

javascript&colon;{maxSize=1000;incrementBy=250;/*colName='ghx-pool-column'*/;colName='ghx-detail-view';column=document.getElementById(colName).style;size=parseInt(column.width);minSize=(typeof(minSize)=="undefined"?size:minSize);size=(Math.max(size+incrementBy,minSize))%maxSize;column.width=(size<=minSize?minSize==0?"":(minSize==0?"":minSize+"px"):size+"px");document.getElementById('ghx-column-header-group').style.width=(document.getElementById('ghx-content-main').offsetWidth-Math.max(size,minSize)-20)+"px";console.log("New Detail Size:"+column.width);}void(0);
0 votes
Jose Raupp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

Hey,

Unfortunately there is no default way to resize columns in Kanban boards. We do have an improvement request for that under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9236, you can add yourself as a Watcher to get notified on that along the time.

Also, a possible workaround for this would be creating a bookmark in your browser with the following bookmarklet as text:

javascript: {document.getElementById("ghx-pool-column").style.width="500px";};void(0);

This sets the width of the left pane to 500px when you run the bookmarklet.

Cheers,

Jose

Suggest an answer