Column Order on Saved Filter not Exporting to Excel (Current Fields)

JiraUserKim July 9, 2012

I've saved a specific column order for a Shared Filter and can see them all okay with data on the filter results screen but when I try to Export the filter to Excel using Excel (Current Fields) it is not exporting the same columns from the shared filter, but is exporting the columns on my standard issue filter.

I don't want to export using All Fields as JIRA is used by nearly 300 projects with a number of custom fields in play. I'm also doing this to try and resolve some duplicate custom fields (which have the same name but different descriptions) so I'd like them in the same order as they appear on screen as I can't see the description when exported to Excel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**Update**

My filter has over 1000 results so when I first click to export to Excel (Current Fields) the correct fields will display in the correct order (with exception of duplicate fields... which now only show on the navigator but not on the results screen) but if I try to update the filter using advanced search to show the key >= 1001 and key <=2000 to be able export the remaining issues, the Excel (Current Fields) reverts back to my own default column order. Do I need to save the filter for each group of 1000 issues first?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JiraUserKim July 9, 2012

Ah - just hit save on the edit when I saw your reply. I've viewed that issue and it appears to be what's going on as I was putting in the additional search parameters and not saving - how annoying - I wish you could export over 1000 issues... Maybe that's an issue for another day :-).

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012
It's possible to export more than 1000 issues to excel in one step. Please read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Limiting+the+number+of+issues+returned+from+a+search+view+such+as+an+RSS+feed
JiraUserKim July 9, 2012

Excellent - thanks for that. At this stage it's just an annoyance I can get around easily enough (I don't think the system owner will allow a change like that) and it's all working good now. I also remembered another post about custom fields not showing in the view so added the issue types to the filter and got the duplicate field info too!

Thanks heaps for your help :-).

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012
Did you change the sort order before you export to excel?. Then you might have been hit by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-13917

Suggest an answer