Color custom field in JIRA

Neeta Dubey March 23, 2014

I have request from user where they want to add a drop with list of three color Red Blue and Amber. F.g for priority field comes up with different set of color. we want some thing in similar way.

4 answers

0 votes
Charles Huggins August 16, 2018

Hi There!

You can try this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219385/rainbow-field?hosting=server&tab=overview

We also much apprecated any feature requests!

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

attaching paint file.

I have attached the screenshot of what i am getting at the moment however my requirement is still slighlty different. I need something like

color icon - field text

Red color iconIn UAT Status

Green Color iconIn Process Status

Attaching screen shot in ms paint

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

You can change colors via post functions and it will be correspond to status.

Actually its not the status. I just wrote it to explain it you. Its just the custom field with color. If you at the very first screen shot of priority field. I need some thing like that

Red color icon - UAT

Green color- Deployed

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2014

Hi Andrew,

I have added plugin and was able to locate a new custom filed "Select color custom filed" I created a filed color with that field type however i'm not getting the place where i could specify the colors.

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2014

Go to custom field page. Locate recently create field. Click "Configure". On the opened page click "Edit Options". Add colors to options using html colors: red, green, etc and RBG #ff00aa. https://bytebucket.org/amarkelov/andreymarkelov-atlas-plugins-color-custom-fields/wiki/pic6.png

Please, try

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2014

i have installed the plugin from the first location and it looks it got installed howeve I'm not sure how to use it. Its not listed in my custom field like other fields.

Suggest an answer