CodeCache 2% free - JIRA v5.1.1

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

We are running JIRA v5.1.1. Yesterday we had to restart our instance due to a PermGen Out of Memeory issue (we increased it to 512). Today the CodeCache is almost full (2% free). Has anyone run into issues with CodeCache?

I am looking at setting the following in the setenv.sh file

-XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing

Is this the right way to go?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

Hi JT,

I have actually hit this issue recently whilst investigating a customer's instance and the UseCodeCacheFlushing argument is the way to go. However, please check out this blog which discusses this issue and eventually helped me to assit the customer with their issue: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/05/codecache-is-full-compiler-has-been-disabled/

All the best,
John

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2012

Thanks John.

I found the blog after posting the question.

I appreciate the quick response and verification.

0 votes
christophe January 22, 2013

I had exactly the same problem yesterday
Here are the messages in the log

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: CodeCache is full. Compiler has been disabled. 
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Try increasing the code cache size using -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=

Does somebody know the source in Jira of so much bytecode creation ?
It's the first time for more than 40 running application that I need to turn on this JVM Flag...

Suggest an answer