Code wanted for default value for calculated field

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2014

I'm dumb and can't figure this out.

I have a custom calculated text fiedl. All I want is for it to display the value of another field.

How do I write the code in the 'Description' field to make that happen?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2014

I did make it work using the field index number, etc. But the field I wanted is the 'Sprint' field and the value I got was the index number of the sprint. Oh, well.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2014

How are you doing the "custom calculated text field"? With the script runner, a plugin or something else? As it's a calculated field, I'm not sure why you're looking at the default value as the default value won't matter if you override any entered data with a calculation.

Whatever you answer, the response is going to be roughly issue.getCustomFieldValue(field), but it will vary depending on how you want to do it.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2014

Good catch. I didn't mean "Default" but "Description." I fixed that.

I'm talking about a custom "Calculated Text Field" which is described on the page where I select the new custome field type like this:

Calculated Text Field

A calculated tex field. The formula is stored in the field description, inside an html comment.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2014

I'm trying to put in a screen shot:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2014

Ok, before you do, a "calaculated text field" is not a standard function, it's being provided by a plugin somewhere, and don't know which one does it. I'm only really familiar with the hard-coded ones I've written, and the script runner, so I kind of need to know which plugin it is so I can skim the docs (I know roughly what needs doing in Jira terms, but not what the plugin needs from us)

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

This is what I am trying to do:

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-calculatedtextfield

But this doesn't work:

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("10300") -->

Suggest an answer