Cloudbased Service desk: Solution for linked fields (similar to cascading select)?

Anders Dahlgren April 12, 2016

Hi

We are configuring a Cloud hosted JIRA service desk and I have been searching for a workaround to solve the following:

We would like to link a couple of fields together similar to cascading select i.e. If we choose User then only {Register New, Change or Remove} should be viable options to choose in the next field even though there are options like Finance, Order etc in the same full list. 

From what I can understand this is only possible in hosted solutions and through nifty add-on's..

Best Regards,

Anders

4 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

You do not need JQL code to set your cascading custom field.

Just try this:

1. go to https://YOURS.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa where YOURS is your Cloud subdomain name.
  2. click on 'Add custom field' from the top-right corner.
  3. select 'Select List (Cascading)', click Next, give it a name, and click on Create.
  4. Add the options of the first level.
  5. Select one of the options just set as the parent of the following level of options.
    Do the same for the remaining options set on step 4.
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Another approach that might suit your needs would be creating different Groups of Request types.

0 votes
Anders Dahlgren April 12, 2016

From all I have searched it is not possible on a Cloud Service desk - if you know otherwise please let me know where to read. Cascading select requires if I understand it correct, some JQL code and I do not understand where or how I would do this on a cloud solution?

//A

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

I'm afraid I can only confirm your initial feelings - there's no way to do this on Cloud

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2016

What's the requirement which prevents you from using a cascading select instead?

Suggest an answer