Cloud products are slow compared to server installations, is there any way to fix this?

Helenius Ville December 28, 2020

Specially when using plugins such as Xray the cloud environment turns very slow. Does upgrading to cloud premium plan help or is there other solutions? In other project we user Jira server environment and everything works so much smoother, even plugins such as Xray.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

Hi Helenius,

there can be many aspects as to why you are specifically experience slowness.
In case you aim for details on this I am sure somebody can say something about when you tell more about your specific cloud site (size, usage patterns, age - and so on).

From a general point of view: I am confident the issue is addressed with Atlassian and has top priority. There is no doubt that improvements in this area will happen.

There has been even an interview on that topic lately.

In case you want to watch here is the link - I found it quite open and full of good information:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Hear-about-cloud-performance-from-the-Head-of-Product-for-Jira/ba-p/1553641

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

hi @Helenius Ville , it is hard to compare performance between the two as they are such different products and the hardware differences where installed. Obviously that doesn't help w/ your concerns. To the be of my knowledge, the underlying HW configuration is the same between the versions. Though I do expect the Free version is a lower tier HW solution. With that said I would certainly recommend reaching out to Atlassian Support to discuss your concerns here. Given the recent announcement on Server EOL I have to imaging that Cloud performance is top of mind for Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events