Cloud SAML Domain Verification? Can I have www. prepended?

Dean Kier December 14, 2016

Can I have my domain verified as www.DOMAINNAME.com instead of just DOMAINNAME.com?  I am setup as SAML and single sign on, but I just get the normal login prompt.  I am using OneLogin as my IDP.

Edit:
This was in relation to the SAML Beta on the cloud based on the instructions provided in the document https://confluence.atlassian.com/purchasing/saml-single-sign-on-for-atlassian-account-860002668.html

In order to use the SAML for single sign on your domain must be verified using the button marked Verify in the Domain section of the settings of the cloud deployment. I was unable to get the plain domain name to verify, but was able to get it with www. prepended. I was trying to determine if that was causing my issue.

IdP, as mentioned in the document, is for Identity Provider. We are using OneLogin as our identity provider.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2016

Sorry, this does not join up as a question.

Domains are domains, I don't know what you mean as "verified".  You'll need to talk to your domain provider to change those settings.

SAML has nothing to do with your domain settings, and you've flagged this question as JIRA Cloud, which simply does not support SAML, so that's no help as we don't know where you're using it.

You then mention OneLogin being an internally displaced person, or individual development plan.

Please explain?

Dean Kier December 14, 2016

I am currently unable to edit my question directly to address your issues with it.  I am sorry you did not find it clearly worded.  Following is my attempt at clarifying:

This was in relation to the SAML Beta on the cloud, based on the instructions provided in the document https://confluence.atlassian.com/purchasing/saml-single-sign-on-for-atlassian-account-860002668.html

In order to use the SAML Cloud Beta for single sign on your domain must be verified using the button marked Verify in the Domain section of the settings of the cloud deployment. I was unable to get the plain domain name to verify, but was able to get it with www. prepended. I was trying to determine if that was causing my issue.

IdP, as mentioned in the document, is for Identity Provider. We are using OneLogin as our identity provider and I followed the instructions link provided directly from them as well.

Suggest an answer