Cloud Jira: Stop issues transitioning status when a kanban column max number has been met

Jeremy Brooks November 17, 2016

I have set up a new kanban board including some max issue constraints on each column. I notice that the column changes colour when the max number is exceeded. I really want it to not allow someone to move any more issues into the column when the max count has been met. Forcing them to move an issue out before they can progress anything else. The docs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-columns) only mention the colour change, is it possible to also apply the more strict constraint?

2 answers

0 votes
Keti Kvirikashvili November 5, 2018

Did you find solution ?

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

It's not possible to restrict transition based on column size without an add-on.

ivanelson January 23, 2018

And which add-on makes this possible?

Tky

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

I'm not aware of any add on's that does it specifically (i havent looked) but know that you can probably do it with scriptrunner via a Scripted condition on your transitions.

ivanelson January 23, 2018

I found this thread. It may be possible with "AM Utils".

Still not sure.

Jeremy Brooks January 24, 2018

i should have said, the question relates specifically to cloud based Jira, so no scripting options unfortunately. Well last I checked anyway.

ivanelson January 24, 2018

It's ok! In my case it's Jira Server.

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2018

ScriptRunner does support Cloud but they dont have scripted conditions on transitions.  You could hack it maybe with a scripted post function, which IS supported that could undo the transition after the fact.

Suggest an answer