Cloud Jira: Stop issues transitioning status when a kanban column max number has been met Edited

I have set up a new kanban board including some max issue constraints on each column. I notice that the column changes colour when the max number is exceeded. I really want it to not allow someone to move any more issues into the column when the max count has been met. Forcing them to move an issue out before they can progress anything else. The docs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-columns) only mention the colour change, is it possible to also apply the more strict constraint?

1 answer

It's not possible to restrict transition based on column size without an add-on.

And which add-on makes this possible?

Tky

I'm not aware of any add on's that does it specifically (i havent looked) but know that you can probably do it with scriptrunner via a Scripted condition on your transitions.

I found this thread. It may be possible with "AM Utils".

Still not sure.

i should have said, the question relates specifically to cloud based Jira, so no scripting options unfortunately. Well last I checked anyway.

It's ok! In my case it's Jira Server.

ScriptRunner does support Cloud but they dont have scripted conditions on transitions.  You could hack it maybe with a scripted post function, which IS supported that could undo the transition after the fact.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,774 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot