Cloud JIRA vs self-host Bamboo: Application link issue

Arseny Zinchenko April 29, 2015

Hi.

We have Cloud JIRA, and new Bamboo, installed on our AWS-hosted instance.

I want to integrate them, but - when I create link from Bamboo - it successfully redirect me to JITA, but then - can't redirect me back, says:

"It has not been possible to retrieve the required information from http://bamboo.domain.com:8085. Therefore the link cannot be created."

Firewall on Windows (AWS) server turned off, and Bamboo accessible from Internet. Also - I can create links between my own self-hosted JIRA and this Bamboo instance.

I guess - there is some restrictions, because we used cloud-based JIRA.

Am I correct?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2015

Hello Arseney,

Also remember that you need to import the certificate from the other application into the cacerts. In this case, your Bamboo would need to have JIRA's certificate on its JAVA cacerts.

Other than that, have you already been able to achieve that? I'm asking it based on the quote you've mentioned on the answer.

Eduardo

0 votes
Arseny Zinchenko April 30, 2015

there's a limitation with Atlassian Cloud instance for application to work with external service. Your Bamboo need to be on port 80 or 443 for HTTPS connection and the application link need to be initialized from Atlassian Cloud instance.

Suggest an answer