Cloud(6.5-OD-05-041) to server(6.4.6) import.

Matthew Fisher June 9, 2015

I'm trying to import data from the current cloud version (6.5-OD-05-041) to the current server version (6.4.6) but I keep getting the following error. Any Ideas how I can get around this?

---

The file you are trying to import is from JIRA 6.5-OD-05-041, which is newer than your current version of JIRA and will not work. The import file claims it can be successfully imported into JIRA 6.3.12 or later.

If JIRA 6.3.12 is not yet available for download, please contact support.

---

4 answers

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hello Matthew, 

The backup should run smoothly by your description as you are using the latest JIRA server version.

In additional with the community support, I'd advice you to create a ticket at support.atlassian.com where our Support Engineers can also help you.

Thanks I'll do that now. Looking over the log files it seems to get to 20% before erroring with `[jira.bc.dataimport.DowngradeUtil] Downgrade cannot proceed: Cannot downgrade data - missing downgrade task 65001`

Amram Bentolila June 9, 2015

I'm running into the exact same issue as well. Matthew, if you do find a solution from support I would love to know what they suggest. Thanks!

Hi Amram. Managed to get this sorted by the support team. They think it may be a bug with JIRA 6.4.6. I sent them my backup archive and they converted it to one that's compatible with 6.4.6. Sadly that doesn't really help you. Hope you get it sorted!

Julien vander Straeten June 23, 2015

Same here!

0 votes
Amram Bentolila June 9, 2015

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately I'm still running into the same problem. Screenshot below is from the setup wizard.

screen-shot.png

Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2015

I believe there is a bug on 6.4.6. Can you try to import using 6.4.5?

Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2015

Amram, there is a bug opened for this matter, please check: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43773 Workaround: import on 6.4.5 version.

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
June 9, 2015

Matthew

I believe I know what's happening. You'll need to use the latest on premise version 6.4.6 and import the data during the setup wizard assistant dialog. If you configure your instance using the setup wizard and then attempt to import the data you'll get that error. Please follow the procedure below.

1. Stop the JIRA instance;
  2. Create a new database for JIRA as per our Connecting JIRA to a Database documentation;
  3. Use the JIRA Configurator Tool and point JIRA to use the new database created;
  4. Start JIRA, since JIRA will detect an empty database, it will bring the setup wizard assistant. On the first screens you'll be prompt to import your data using the setup wizard assistant (please refer the screenshot below as an example). Please do not follow the rest of the steps to configure the instance, just import it using the setup wizard dialog and that should do the trick! smile

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 12.21.50 PM.png

That should do the trick!

Hope it helps!

Cheers

L.F

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

You can actually click a link on that page that allows you to progress. Look for it. smile

There's no link. I just end up back on the restore from backup page.

Suggest an answer