Closing a story with a fixed version changed fixed version on all tasks.

Patrick Paradis December 14, 2017

We have a story that was worked on over the course of several weeks. This story has several tasks under it that had different fixed versions. All tasks had been resolved and closed in the past several weeks. 

Now today I resolved and closed the story and gave it the appropriate fixed version.  Unfortunately when I did this ALL tasks under that story automatically got their fixed version changed to the same fixed version as the story. This means that I had to go through all the tasks and manually change the fixed versions back to their original one.

Is this normal behavior for a story with tasks under it? Is there something I can do so that this doesn't happen? I don't recall having this problem earlier during the year.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Hi @Patrick Paradis 

This isn't normal behaviour. So somewhere in your workflow or project there is an automation. I would begin by checking the subtasks history and see how/when/who made this change. After that I would check Jira Automation and the transition to Done of the story's workflow.

Suggest an answer